Welcome to the 2020-2021
On Behalf of the Hidden Springs Staff welcome to the new school year. This school year is going to be an incredible journey that will begin with Distance Learning. Even though we will not be physically together, we will provide all students with a quality education. The school day will start each day at 8:15 a.m. Students will log into their Clever account and receive a mix of live instruction from their teachers and independent work, which may include some pre-recorded lessons.
Our District’s Sharable Family Resources will assist you and your child in accessing all online platforms and Chromebook support. Here are some links that will help you get started:
Chromebook Support: Click Here
At-Home Learning Environment:
To begin our year of learning, I would recommend your child have a quiet place to work without distractions. Depending on your student’s age, the may also need the following: lined paper, pencils, highlighters, a ruler, crayons/coloring pencils, and counters (or household items that can be used as counters).
School communication will be conducted using the Q Communication System. You will be able to send and receive messages using this system. All parents should have received an email with instructions on how to access the Parent Portal or a PIN to login. Please check your email and spam if you have not logged in yet. If you did not receive an email, please review the below documents and guidance on how to complete that process.
- Videos and Steps to Create a Parent Account
- Create an account at bit.ly/QParent ConnectReq
- Annual Information Update Guide-English / Spanish
- Using Parent Connection-English / Spanish
- Q Communications for Parents-English / Spanish
This process needs to be completed for all students before school starts. Prior to COVID-19, parents and students were asked to visit the school campus and submit paperwork such as updating contact information, change of address, and submitting acknowledgement forms. This year, the process is all online through Q Parent Connection.
Meals will be provided to MVUSD students only and will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. except on holidays. Free meals will be provided for all elementary, middle and alternative school students (March, Rainbow, Bayside, Charter, Alessandro). Please read the below information carefully for more details.
- All new students and returning elementary students will need to visit their enrolled or assigned school to receive a card with a barcode, which they will need to show to obtain a meal.
- After obtaining a meal card with a barcode, students will be able to go to any school site to pick up their meals.
- Cards will be available on the first day of school (Wednesday, August 12, 2020).
Again, welcome to the 2020-21 school year. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at 951-571-4590 or firstname.lastname@example.org.